Search this site:

Choosing a Credit Card Complaints involving credit cards

Complaints involving credit cards

If you have a problem involving your credit card, first try to resolve it directly with the store or the credit card company. If that doesn’t work, you may want to file a complaint with your state’s attorney general or banking agency. You may also file a complaint with the federal agency responsible for enforcing consumer credit laws for your credit card company.

Credit cards issued by state banks that are members of the Federal Reserve System
Federal Reserve Board
Division of Consumer and Community Affairs
Mail Stop 801
Washington, DC 20551
(202) 452-3693

See “How to File a Consumer Complaint about a Bank”.

Credit cards issued by banks with “national” in the name or “N.A.” after the name
Comptroller of the Currency
Office of the Ombudsman
Customer Assistance Unit
1301 McKinney Street, Suite 3450
Houston, TX 77010
1 (800) 613-6743 (toll-free)

Credit cards issued by state banks that are not members of the Federal Reserve System
Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
Consumer Response Center
2345 Grand Boulevard, Suite 100
Kansas City, MO 64108
1 (877) 275-3342 (toll-free)

Credit cards issued by federal savings and loan associations and federal savings banks
Office of Thrift Supervision
Consumer Programs
1700 G Street, NW
Washington, DC 20552
1 (800) 842-6929 (toll-free)

Credit cards associated with federal credit unions
National Credit Union Administration
Office of External Affairs
1775 Duke Street
Alexandria, VA 22314-3428
(703) 518-6330

Credit cards issued by finance companies or stores, and matters related to auto dealers, mortgage companies, and credit bureaus
Federal Trade Commission
Consumer Response Center
6th and Pennsylvania, NW
Washington, DC 20580
1 (877)-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357) (toll-free)

Choosing a credit card | Checklist | Survey
Search this site:

Get the Savvy Consumer Newsletter! (FREE)